About the seminar of the publishing house "Springer"On 4th February, 2019, in Assembly Hall 84 of the Kazakh National Agrarian University, the Scientific Library had organized the seminar of the publishing house “SpringerNature” for teaching staff, PhD doctorants, and staff of research institutes.
The theme of the seminar:
- Using the Springerlink platform for research actions;
- Selection of rating journals and articles on research topics; How to avoid injurious journals;
- How to prepare a high-quality article and publish it in rating foreign journals.
The international company Springer Nature is one of the largest and oldest (1842) in the world of scientific publishing houses in various fields of science, technology and medicine.
Springer Nature has an excellent reputation among international scientific community:
- All books (an archive of books more than 250,000) and journals (more than 3,500) and Springer’s publications are reviewed and subject to a strict and objective expert assessment.
- More than 1,800 journals from 3,500 Springer Nature journals, have impact -factor and indexed by Thomson Reuters, and 2,454 journals are indexed by Scopus.
- Springer Nature journals are not “injurious ”.
- Springer Nature magazines are already known and popular in Kazakhstan. About 400 articles and books publish in Springer Nature each year by scientists of Kazakhstan.
At the seminar, Irina Alexandrova, the licensing manager of the Springer Nature publishing house, demonstrated the activities of the publishing house and explained in detail the procedure for publishing scientific articles in foreign journals with impact-factor.
The participants of the seminar had got acquainted with the possibilities of SpringerLink resources.